This past weekend I attended a “Wreath Making Party” in Ashburn, VA. I had never heard of these Wine & Design parties but it turned out to be so much fun!
The owner of Country Shabby Chic came over to my friends house with all of the supplies we needed to make our wreath and led us through the steps.
What you will need:
- Box Wire Wreath
- 1 roll of Deco Mesh
- Thick Wired Ribbon
- Wooden Initial
- Twist Tie (in wire form)
- Optional: Jingle Bells, JOY sign, Reindeers, Cinnamon sticks etc
What you will do:
- Fold your Deco Mesh in half and tie the end on with one of your wire twist ties
- Bunch the Deco Mesh in your hand and stuff through the bottom wire of your wreath, then the middle, then the top. You will do this two times in each section until you get to the end
- With your remaining Deco Mesh (there shouldn’t be much) you will tie that onto the top rack with a wire twist tie as well
- Fluff your mesh
- Make your bow (or pre-buy a bow!) tutorial here
- Attach your bow with wire twists that go directly into the Deco Mesh
- Tie the twine onto your wooden monogram letter and attach it to the bottom wire of the wreath
- Hot glue gun any extras to your wreath
If you live in the DC/MD/VA area contact Country Shabby Chic for your Wine and Design party — They do much more than wreath making. If you live somewhere else I’m sure there are Wine and Design consultants in your area.