I know it’s still January but my calendar is filling up quick with bridal showers, bachelorette parties, weddings and more! I’ve gotten the question “What should I wear to a bridal shower”? a few times so I thought I’d write a post on it. While there’s not a specific dress code for the event there are a couple of “known” general rules.
1. Do not wear jeans. Bridal showers are girly! When you aren’t sure what to wear – Wear something on the dressier side. It’s always better to be overdressed than under dressed.
2. Don’t wear white! That is the brides color for the day…even if she doesn’t wear white, you shouldn’t be in it. A white dress top or white pants is OK but an all white dress is a definite no-no.
3. While we’re talking about colors you should also save your Little Red Dress and Little Black Dress for a different occasion. Red is a “look at me” color and black is associated with funerals. Keep it fun!
4. Accessorize. Your going to be in a room full of women… even though you aren’t the center of attention you should still look put together.
5. Style your hair! Try a low up-do, a side fishtail braid or a twist back. Pictures will be taken – feel pretty!
Here are some of my top picks!
Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend