Happy Wednesday! It is absolutely FREEZING here so I hope wherever you are, you’re nice and warm.
Here’s a look at my daily eats – I took pictures Monday since I was off. It’s easier than explaining to your co-workers why you’re taking a picture of an ugly dollop of hummus. Head on over to Jenn’s to see what other people ate!
Breakfast: I got to try the new Banana Chobani (so good!) – I added some of that Peanut Butter Toast Crunch and blueberries on top.
Snack: Honeycrisp Apple and PB2
Lunch: Spinach, Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup (recipe below) + Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers
Snack: Carrots & Spicy Hummus + Clif Z Chocolate Chip Bar
Dinner: Sesame Ginger Salmon, Roasted Baby Broccoli and Brown Rice
Dessert: Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows – trying to keep warm
If you’re looking for a way to keep warm – This soup is perfect! I served Grilled Cheese with the soup to make it the ultimate comfort meal.
Spinach, Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup (Crock Pot)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package of chopped onions, celery and carrots (bought at Trader Joes)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 package of lentils (bought at Trader Joes — if you can’t find maybe 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils)
- 36 oz Vegetable Broth (Low Sodium)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cans (15 ounce) fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add everything to crock pot except spinach.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours or High for 5.
- Set it and Forget it.
- Add Spinach 5 minutes before serving and remove Bay Leaves – Spinach will wilt due to heat.
- Serve with Grilled Cheese or Crackers