Every night after dinner I HAVE to have dessert. 3 weeks ago it was Trader Joe’s Powerberries, 2 weeks ago it was Vita Tops and last week it was Peanut Butter Crunch Toast.
Not the dessert every night, of course. But the eating preservative filled desserts before bed time.
This week I was determined to be prepared so I made a batch of cookies (that should last for 2 weeks!). These cookies are a little under 100 calories a piece, clean and have the perfect crunch.
Clean Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp divided Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 organic brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Mix coconut oil and brown sugar until creamy in a separate bowl
- Add soymilk, 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour and vanilla to oil and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Combine oats and vegan chocolate chips
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets
- Bake 14 minutes until light golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool