Happy Wednesday! I think we all know that means that today is What I ate Wednesday, so let’s get to it. I also have a soup recipe below because I am clearly obsessed with soups during this cold streak (and of course today is 70 degrees)!
Breakfast: 1 egg + 1 egg white, Muenster cheese, strawberry jelly and a bagel thin. Best part? The yolk breaking!
Snack: Clementines & Almonds. Standard
Lunch: Healthy Broccoli & Cheese Soup (recipe below) + Honeycrisp Apple
Snack: Think Thin Caramel Bar (Yum!)
Dinner: Salmon, brown rice & Sugar snap peas
Dessert: Clean Oatmeal Cookies
I made the soup on Sunday which is definitely a keeper! It’s extremely healthy and clean. Adam and I try to eat as clean as possible 80% of the time – Our goal is to have a six-pack by Summer… Who else thinks I won’t ever get there? I like fro-yo too much!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 10 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 6 baby carrots, chopped (Or 1 large)
- 1/3 cup Nurtional Yeast (Don’t be scared of this!)
- 2 tablespoons Romano Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot on medium
- Add onion and garlic – Cook til translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk in Almond Milk and Vegetable Broth until no lumps remain
- Add Bay Leaves, Nutmeg, Salt & Pepper
- Bring broth to boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes – Stir occasionally so bottom doesn’t burn
- Remove bay leaves discard
- Add carrot & broccoli
- Cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes more – or until veggies are tender
- Add nutritional yeast and romano cheese.
- Blend until smooth (Or a little chunky if you like to taste broccoli)
- Serve hot