Happy Wednesday! I have a little day date planned with the hubs today so this will be a quick one!
Breakfast: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Baked Oatmeal
Lunch: Roasted Corn & BBQ Shrimp Soup (Recipe at end!)
Dinner:Lentil Sloppy Joes
Dessert: Thin Mint and Cookies and Cream Fro-Yo with lots of toppings
Roasted Corn & BBQ Shrimp Soup
- 3 – 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 4 cups Low Sodium Vegetable stock
- 1 cup favorite bbq sauce (We used Hot Bone Suckin Sauce)
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn (bought at trader joes)
- 1 cup small pasta ( We used Orecchiette)
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper
- Bring 2 Tbs. oil to a medium-high heat in a large pot. Add corn and shrimp – Cook til shrimp is translucent. Set aside.
- Add another Tbs. of oil, and add the shallots; sauté about 5 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, bbq sauce, spices and pasta.
- Simmer until the pasta is cooked through about 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add shrimp & corn last 3 minutes to warm throughout
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Questions: What was the best thing you ate yesterday?