Happy Wednesday – Apparently, we are expecting a 3 day snow storm?? I guess that’s the kind of news you miss when you don’t have a Facebook (I deleted mine for Lent). I just hope it doesn’t continue into next week… We have a plane to catch to the sunshine state!
Since today is Wednesday, it means another WIAW post — Head over to Jenn’s page to see the other participating bloggers!
Breakfast: Asparagus, Zucchini & Feta Egg White Frittata with a side of cottage cheese & strawberries (recipe below)
Snack: You know I have two snacks by now.. Apple & PB2 plus a Clif Z bar –>no need to show them every week
Lunch: Strawberry Banana Smoothie (w/ Spinach) –> 1/2 banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries,1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop banana protein (I use muscle milk light)
Dinner: Shrimp Fried Quinoa – I kinda used this recipe as a base but didn’t really. I might make this again and post my own recipe because it was delicious!!
Dessert: 2 squares…yum
Accessories of the Day: J. Crew errrrrything.
So as you know I’ve been obsessed with Holly’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Baked Oatmeal for the past two weeks, but since Florida is next week I decided to be “carb conscious” this week! I made this egg white frittata on Sunday night and cut it into 5 slices to eat during the week. It turned out delicious and keeps me full for 4-5 hours. The stats are pretty awesome as well – 163 calories, 3g fat, 11 carbs and 24 g of protein!
Asparagus, Zucchini & Feta Egg White Frittata
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 lb of asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1.5 small cartons of 100% egg whites (you can use beaters or real eggs – the calorie count will just change)
- 5 oz of Fat Free Feta
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil
- Add asparagus, spinach, zucchini, onion, garlic & pepper to skillet. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until asparagus & zucchini is tender and spinach has wilted
- Pour egg whites over the veggies and mix in feta. Cook an addition 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat until eggs are mostly set.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until frittata is firm. Broil for the last 1-2 minutes to brown top.
Every morning I just stick my slice in the microwave for about 2 minutes and it’s good to go! Healthy, filling and packed with green veggies