It’s Wednesdayyyy people! In 48 hours I’ll be on the beach Sorry to keep discussing my vacation, but I am SO excited to leave this dreary weather behind.
My attempt to eat clean this week is going fairly well – I even passed up birthday cake from Carlo’s at lunchtime! Talk about will power…
Thanks to Jenn for hosting, as usual…here are my eats!
Breakfast: Cinnamon Protein Pancake w/ Peanut Flour Sauce & Banana Slices
Lunch: Veggie Fried Quinoa (Recipe Below)
Dinner: Zucchini Lasagna (We used tempeh instead of meat)
Dessert: A few handfuls of this – SO addicting. (Thanks Jenn)
OOTD: Spring Time Loving
We made a huge batch of Vegetable Fried Rice Quinoa last week and it was so versatile with adding protein. The first time we enjoyed it with shrimp and the second time was with tilapia. I preferred it with shrimp but if I was a meat eater I think it would be great with chicken too
Vegetable Fried Rice Quinoa
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (follow package directions)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 bag of sugar snap peas
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2 eggs
- Sesame Seeds (I used black and regular)
- In a nonstick wok, spray oil and add the eggs and pepper and scramble a minute or two until done. Set aside.
- Add more spray oil to the wok and add the onions (both) and the garlic.
- Saute about 2 minutes, add the peppers, carrots, sugar snap peas, corn & peas and saute until veggies are tender (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in all the quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring a few minutes, then add cooked scrambled egg.
- Adjust soy sauce if needed to taste and mix well another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with protein of choice.