I’ve always been a healthy eater. OK, not ALWAYS… I used to eat an entire big bag of UTZ Sour Cream and Onion Rippled Potato Chips and McDonald’s daily… But, then I grew up. I couldn’t stay in shape and continue to eat that way. Adam and I eat clean majority of the time unless we are eating out. I always hear people say that it’s “too hard to eat healthy” or they “don’t have time” but when we are both up at 5am and working out by 5:45am, these excuses seem like laziness to me.
I’m sure you’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s also the meal where you aren’t “supposed” to have veggies so it almost everyone’s favorite. I normally include veggies in my breakfast because I know it will help me choose the healthy way for the rest of the day.
All of my breakfast foods take no longer than 5 minutes to make because let’s be honest, I’m always running late for work. Below are my favorite quick clean meals.
1. I probably eat this the majority of my summer days.
2/3 cup of egg whites, spinach and asparagus mixture (i make a big batch on sunday), sliced strawberries, blueberries and half of an ezekiel bagel. Most days I leave the bagel out… Sometimes I just need the extra carbs.
2. I eat this meal mainly on the weekends. It feels like a treat, even though it’s healthy!
Protein Pancake (1/4 cup egg whites, 1 scoop of protein powder (MRM is clean), 1 tbsp ground flax, cinnamon, splash of almond milk, 1/2 mashed banana) topped with plain greek yogurt and strawberries.
Another protein pancake (made same way as above) except this is topped with Peanut Flour Sauce (PB2 + Water = 45 calories) and the other half of the sliced banana.
3. This is my go to meal during the winter.
1/2 cup raw old fashioned oats, 3/4 almond milk, chia seeds, banana slices and a tbsp of peanut butter. A cup of green tea to wash it down
4. Another summer staple — These are perfect after a sweaty run!
1 frozen banana, 1 1/2 cups of almond milk, 1 scoop of chocolate clean protein powder, PB2 or Peanut Butter ( I add spinach too — You can’t taste it!)
5. Last but not least. Most of you will think ewwww, what is that. Chia seeds help weight loss, make you feel fuller faster, used for hydration for athletes, reduces your blood pressure, is the richest plant source of omega-3, and has a ton of benefits for diabetics.
1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder